We were hoping to get the letter telling us when our biometric fingerprint appointment would be at the end of this week. However, since last Monday most government offices were closed I kind of thought we would hear early next week. God is good though and we got our letters today! Our appointment is NEXT TUESDAY!!!!!! (Gigantic thanks going out to my Sunday School class who were praying for this very thing!) We thought there was no chance our appointment would be before August 1st. Now we should have that I171 in early August and our Dossier sent soon after:):):):):):)
I know what you are thinking, "Shannon, the smiles tell me this is good but it's like you are speaking in another language, "your using numbers and stuff!" When are you going to get that kid?"
Ok, try to follow along. . .
Once our Dossier (aka big bundle of notarized paperwork) is sent to Ethiopia we will get put on a wait list and hopefully get a referral (picture of specific child assigned to us) 4-6months after that. About a month or more after our referral we will travel for a court date, then come home. If we pass court we will go back to bring him home 1-4 months later. So basically we will bring him home sometime between January and June, if everything works out:)
Got it?
Our Referral!!!!
11 years ago





2 comments:
OR....you'll be bringing him home around Christmas... ;) That's what we are praying for anyway! Whohoo!!!!!!!!!
You are SO IN LINE with where we are in the process it's scary!! Our biometrics appt. is on MONDAY!! Crazy!! Congrats on your journey moving so quickly! I'm SOOOO hoping we can have our dossier out by the first week of August too!! I will pray for you guys too in that! I can't wait to say, "We're waiting to hear when they match us with our daughter!!"
Blessings to you!!
Post a Comment