Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Coffee: Do Stupid Things Faster and With More Energy. . . and win a PRIZE!

As I'm sure you've noticed adoption is expensive!  To help us pay for our adoption we are planning on doing several fundraisers as well as applying for grants.  The grants have to wait until our home-study is finished and can take quite a long time to come in.  However, the fund-raising can start right now.  Wohoo!  We know some people are not comfortable with the idea of fund-raising for adoption.  If this is you we just simply ask you to pray and we greatly appreciate those prayers! 
If you are up for a little competition during our fund-raising then you came to the right place!  Our first fundraiser is a really neat one.  We will be selling Ethiopian free trade coffee.  $5 of every bag of coffee will go to us to help pay for all our expenses.  The company we are selling through is called Just Love Coffee.  They are a great organization that uses their extensive knowledge of coffee and their passion for people and especially children to help couples raise the funds necessary to adopt. 
Now for the competition.  If you are interested in having a little friendly competition to see who can sell the most coffee in the next month send me an email at shandevol@msn.com and I will send you a form to take coffee orders as well as a menu.  You will take that form to everyone you know who likes coffee or knows people who like coffee or has ever thought about coffee and convince them to buy coffee from you for a great cause!  You'll collect the money and then  will mail that form  to me by April 15th.  The person who has sold the most will be declared the winner and will win one of my cakes for up to twenty people.  Don't live nearby?  Have no fear!  You will win some delicious homemade cookies of your choice.
If you aren't interested in the competition but would like to purchase some coffee just click on the link to the right.  Thank you for your support!!!
Please feel free to email me with questions!
Love,
Shannon

3 comments:

grandpa said...

I went in to join this to have coffee shipped every month, but did not see how you get credit for the shippments. I backed out and will wait until I hear from you on how this happens.

I have been a member of another coffee club for a long time. I will cancell and join yours as soon as I know how you get credit.

Shannon said...

Hey Grandpa!

If you click on the link to the right you will be on our page. To join the coffee club click on the brown rectangle that says "Click Here to join the 2 Buy 2 Club. . ." Then make your selections and you should be good to go!
Thanks for switching coffee clubs for us!

Love you!
Shannon

grandpa said...

Thanks sweetheart! When I get back from feeding Mary I will join the club. Grandma said to tell you we are excited.