Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Expect the Unexpected

We've been told that international adoption is never predictable.  Countries can change policies overnight without the adoption agencies knowing what's coming.  We are already experiencing one these huge changes! Prior to today Ethiopia required one trip:  to pick up your child.  Now they have switched to two.  One trip for your court date and the next 2-3 months later to pick up your baby.  So on the plus side we will get to meet our son sooner.  On the negative then we have to leave him:(  Also, it means our travel expenses will double.  Yikes!
One thing that hasn't changed is that God is still in control and this is still the plan He has for us.  However unpredictable it may seem to us it's never unpredictable to God!
When I know more I'll post it!
 Love,
Shannon

2 comments:

Cyndee said...

I believe we have just boarded the roller coaster...

Hold on tight! :-)

grandpa said...

I have never liked roller coasters, but I ready to get on this one with you.