So we had our first home study visit. We were planning for three exhausting grueling hours of being scrutinized and having our house scrutinized. It was more like an hour and a half of talking with a new friend. It was great, we actually liked it and we think our social worker liked us. I'm sure her liking us had something to do with my two beautiful friends who came and helped me clean and my darling children who sat on our laps and told us how much they loved us the whole time (I'm not sure who those kids were but I was so thankful to see them;)
As soon as she left I scooped us all ice-cream for being so good (gotta teach em emotional eating young:).
Our next visit is this Monday evening and I think we will schedule the third (and last!) meeting after that. She told us that we would have our home-study report one week after our last meeting. Wohoo!
Now time to get to work on that dossier!
PS. If you are interested in seeing what it's like when a family sees their baby's picture for the first time check out the Fulmers' blog They are working with the same agency and started the process last August. They got their referral yesterday!





3 comments:
yay!!!! So happy to hear it!!
No, we owe YOU ice cream! We both took our our bad moods on your house! :)
I agree with Liz - we should just clean when we're grumpy. :-)
Post a Comment