Tuesday, October 5, 2010

$5 Radical

So the book Radical has gotten so popular.  I haven't read it yet but I've browsed it and it has inspired my next fund-raising effort.  Without reading the book I will tell you that I feel that gentle nudging in my heart from God.  The one telling me to hold on to my hat because what I thought was stepping out was just a baby step in the right direction.  That God has something bigger than I imagined in mind.  I'm not sure exactly what that is (I have ideas but I'll keep them to myself for now, it'll keep you reading ;)

So how does this relate to fund-raising?  I'm going to ask you to do something ordinary that will radically change lives.  Can you give up a couple of cups of coffee this week or maybe a 1/2 gallon of your favorite ice-cream?  And instead can you click on our Paypal donate button and donate just $5?  Donating $5 may not seem like the kind of radical thing that the book talks about but for me, for my son, for my family that $5 will radically change our lives.  And can you do one more thing?  Can you tell your friends?  Can you send them our way?  Can you tell them that sometimes being radical can mean just giving up some junk food?

If 2000 people can become $5 radicals we will raise $10,000 and that is RADICAL!  I don't know 2000 people but I'm guessing if we spread the word we can all do something radical.  I'll be starting a group on facebook.  Look for it and please pass it on.  Like a chain letter without the curse ;)

Thank you!

No comments: