I've been wondering: Can I handle this? I am reading a great book, There's No Me Without You. It is the story of an Ethiopian Woman who found herself suddenly the adoptive mother of one child, then two, then 5, then she got a reputation for taking in AIDS orphans and more and more children showed up. I know she winds up with many, many children but in my reading today a little four year old girl was dropped off. I think she was about the 12th child. The woman talks about trying to squeeze her in the bed with five other little girls. The thought that popped into my head was, "it can't be good for all these children to have to share this one mother with no father or other help." Then I realized, these children are better off having to share one mother than having no mother at all. And that is when I began to wonder. . .Can I handle this? Can I go to the orphanage and see the many, many children without any parents? I am going to want to take them all home. My heart is breaking for all those kids who won't be adopted, who will have no Mommy.
Please pray for those children, and please pray for all those who have thought about adoption that God would continue to stir their hearts, and please continue to pray for us and our little boy in Ethiopia.
Our Referral!!!!
11 years ago





2 comments:
I often have these same thoughts!! It will be sooooo hard to see all those sweet faces and know they need homes too! We will continue to pray for you and your sweet boy!!
Thanks a lot! I am crying again! You usually make me laugh! :) But, seriously...it is SO hard- having the kids around you walk up to you, and just hang on your leg, and beg to give them you the love they see that you are giving to the little one you flew over for...no other words for this...HARD. We all just keep having to pray for ALL orphans, everywhere, and do more to make everyone else aware.
Post a Comment